1994 - 2011 Releases and News Items from NGDC
in Marine Geology and Geophysics
- 12/2013 - Welcome, Mr. Luke Beasley, our newest DEM Developer
- 11/2013 - International Bathymetric Chart of the Southern Ocean (IBCSO) Version 1.0 Chart of Southern Ocean Bathymetry now available
- 10/2013 - Welcome, Dr. Carrie Wall, our new Water Column Sonar Lead Researcher
- 5/2013 - Version 2 of the Total Sediment Thickness of the World's Oceans and Marginal Seas
- 1/2013 - The USGS St. Petersburg is the newest contribution to the Index to Marine and Lacustrine Geological Samples (IMLGS) database
- 1/2013 - Farewell to Erica Harris, our DART Data Manager, we wish her all the best
- 1/2013 - Welcome, Evan Robertson, our new Multibeam Data Manager
- 1/2013 - New GSHHG version 2.2.2 (formerly GSHHS) available on NGDC mirror site
- 1/2013 - Welcome, Chuck Anderson, our new Water Column Sonar Data Manager
- 1/2013 - Welcome, LTJG David Rodziewicz, our new NOS Hydrographic Data Manager
- 1/2013 - LT Mark Frydrych, our NOS Hydrographic Data Manager has moved on to his next assignment in the NOAA Corps, we wish him smooth sailing.
- 1/2013 - Dr. Christopher Fox, Director of NGDC has retired - we wish him all the best
- 12/2009 - Arena Cove, CA tsunami inundation digital elevation model completed
- 11/2009 - Mobile, AL digital elevation models completed
- 11/2009 - Irish DEM from the Geological Survey of Ireland
- 11/2009 - Eureka, CA tsunami inundation digital elevation model completed
- 10/2009 - Ocean City, MD tsunami inundation digital elevation model completed
- 09/2009 - Pago Pago, American Samoa tsunami inundation digital elevation model completed
- 07/2009 - Shemya, Aleutian Islands tsunami inundation digital elevation model completed
- 07/2009 - Taholah, WA tsunami inundation digital elevation model completed
- 07/2009 - Midway tsunami inundation digital elevation model completed
- 07/2009 - A 24 arc-second model of Southern Alaska, spanning the Bering Sea, Aleutian Islands, and Gulf of Alaska.
- 07/2009 - New online tool available to create ascii xyz data from Hydrographic data in binary Bathymetric Attribute Grid (BAG) files.
- 06/2009 - Lisa Taylor is now Director of the IHODCDB, and a member of the GEBCO Guiding Committee
- 05/2009 - Electronic supplement to: Hayes, D.E., C. Zhang and R.A. Weissel (2009), Modeling Paleobathymetry in the Southern Ocean. Eos, Vol. 90, No. 19, 12 May 2009, p. 165-166. available
- 04/2009 - Wake Island tsunami inundation digital elevation model released
- 04/2009 - Adak tsunami inundation digital elevation model released
- 04/2009 - Great Lakes Bathymetry in Google Earth
- 03/2009 - ODP Advanced CORK data available
- 12/2008 - Portland, ME tsunami inundation digital elevation model released
- 12/2008 - NOS North Carolina Sea Level Rise Project available
- 12/2008 - Santa Barbara, CA tsunami inundation digital elevation model released
- 10/2008 - Nantucket tsunami inundation digital elevation model released
- 10/2008 - Chignik & Craig, AK tsunami inundation digital elevation model released
- 10/2008 - Download ETOPO1 KMZ file to view images
- 10/2008 - David Fischman joins MGG as multibeam data manager
- 09/2008 - Updated Version 3 - Age, spreading rates & symmetry of the ocean crust
- 09/2008 - Central Oregon Coast tsunami inundation digital elevation model released
- 08/2008 - King Cove, AK tsunami inundation digital elevation model released
- 07/2008 - New ETOPO1 1-min Global Relief Model
- 07/2008 - New images released for 2008 age of the ocean floor
- 05/2008 - Astoria, Oregon tsunami inundation digital elevation model released
- 04/2008 - The World Data Center for MGG is now the WDC for Geophysics and Marine Geology
- 04/2008 - LTJG Andrew Seaman leaves MGG for his next assigment
- 04/2008 - Age, spreading rates & symmetry of the ocean crust
- 04/2008 - Free-Air Gravity Anomalies Over the Thwaites Glacier Catchment, West Antarctica
- 03/2008 - IBCAO grid version 2.23
- 03/2008 - Port Orford, Oregon tsunami inundation digital elevation model released
- 03/2008 - Index to Marine & Lacustrine Samples added to UNEP/GRID Map
- 02/2008 - Bill Virden leaves MGG, Kelly Stroker & John Campagnoli assume multibeam duties
- 02/2008 - NGDC Initiates Geospatial One-Stop Harvest of NOS Survey Metadata
- 01/2008 - Monterey, California tsunami inundation digital elevation model released
- 12/2007 - LTJG Andrew Seaman joins MGG as NOS Hydro database manager
- 12/2007 - LTJG David Fischman leaves MGG to join NGDC's STP Division
- 11/2007 - Inundation Digital Elevation Model (DEM) completed for Daytona Beach, FL
- 10/2007 - NGDC hosts Extended Continental Shelf Workshop
- 10/2007 - Inundation Digital Elevation Models (DEMs) completed for Montauk, NY and Atlantic City, NJ
- 09/2007 - NGDC hosts 30th Anniversary Curators of Marine & Lacustrine Geological Samples Meeting
- 08/2007 - LCDR James Bunn joins MGG as Executive Officer of the IHODCDB
- 07/2007 - New Digital Elevation Models (DEM) Portal Web Map Service
- 06/2007 - LCDR Gregg Glover left NGDC 6/20/2007 for his next assignment
- 04/2007 - Inundation Digital Elevation Models (DEMs) completed for Biloxi, Mississippi and Lahaina, Hawaii
- 04/2007 - Ms. Kelly Stroker joins MGG as a physical scientist, April 2007
- 03/2007 - Dr. Peter Sloss, MGGD imagery guru, retires
- 03/2007 - New JSP version of the Index to Marine & Lacustrine Geological Samples search online
- 02/2007 - Tsunami Publications available online
- 02/2007 - NGDC Natural Hazards Group joins MGG - updated contacts list
- 02/2007 - Dr. George Sharman, former Chief MGGD, joins the NGDC Office of the Director, Ms. Susan McLean becomes Acting Director of MGGD.
- 01/2007 - More Tsunami Inundation Grids Online
- 12/2003 - Total sediment thickness data are now available for download.
- 12/2003 - LT Gregg Glover is now onboard as Executive Director of the IHODCDB
- 12/2003 - New ArcIMS Map Selection Interface to the NOS Bathymetric & Fishing Maps.
- 10/2003 - New DVD versions of the Marine Trackline Geophysics database and the NOS Hydrographic database. Each is available on a single DVD
- 09/2003 - NOAA Bronze Medal awarded to George Sharman and Lisa Tayler of MGG, and Annie Reiser of OD for their work on Survey Feedback Action (SFA)
- 06/2003 - US West Coast Coastal Relief CD-ROMs are now available.
- 06/2003 - Updated sediment thickness information and image posted.
- 06/2003 - NGDC hosted the NESDIS Data User's Workshop, June 11-12, 2003.
- 06/2003 - A new 1.6Mb pdf color poster, "Why Study Seafloor Composition?" is available for free download.
- 05/2003 - A new cut-and-fold full color global relief dodecahedron is available for free download (12Mb pdf file).
- 05/2003 - Updates to the marine trackline geophysics database - 35 additional cruises from TAMU, Germany, and Japan are now searchable online.
- 05/2003 - Updates to the NOS hydrographic survey database - 24 additional surveys from the Washington, Alaska, and Atlantic coasts of the US are now searchable online.
- 04/2003 - Descriptions for over 1,000 additional seafloor and lakebed samples have been added to the Index to Marine and Lacustrine Geological Samples database.
- 04/2003 - A new PL/SQL web interface to the NOAA & MMS Marine Minerals Bibliography is now available from NGDC.
- 03/2003 - Dr. Paul Wessel of the University of Hawaii, School of Ocean & Earth Science & Technology (SOEST) has received a grant from the National Science Foundation to develop tools and procedures for quality assessment of NGDC's global marine trackline geophysical data holdings. Dr. Wessel visited NGDC to discuss the project.
- 03/2003 - NGDC hosted the Eighth International Bathymetric Chart of the International Chart of the Caribbean Sea & Gulf of Mexico (IBCCA) Editorial Board Meeting March 3-5, and conducted training sessions for the group.
- 04/2003 - GEBCO Centenary April 14-16, Monaco - new 1-minute bathymetric grid released.
- 02/2003 - NGDC illustration in National Geographic Magazine article - The February 2003 issue contains an NGDC-supplied image of a relief globe showing seafloor topography along the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. The illustration shows the location of three survey sites in the article; Dawn in the Deep, on page 96.
- 01/2003 - The NGDC monthly planners have been discontinued [past planners].