Our calculators are getting upgraded!
Click the plus (+) sign to open an item.
- 1. What is new?
- • Increased ease of use
• Mobile friendly page for declination
• Programmatic access
• A new look and feel
- 2. What is changing?
- All of our old geomagnetic field calculators are being replaced by a new version of the calculators.
- 3. When is the switch occurring?
- The exact date has not yet been determined. However, we plan to phase out the old calculators sometime in June, 2012. At that time, we will then put up a redirect page
which will stay active for 6 months.
- 4. Why are you changing calculators?
- The existing calculators were designed 10 years ago and needed upgrade to meet the increased traffic and to improve the user experience.
By transitioning to these new calculators we expect to add additional products in the future,
as well as quickly fix bugs and make upgrades to our existing calculators.
- 5. Will there be changes in programmatic access?
Yes, there will be changes in programmatic access.
Here is an example of a simple programmatic query for declination
An xml document of the declination in Boulder today:
For a full explanation please see:
US Historic Help
Magnetic Field Help
Grid Calculator Help
We would like to hear from you. Use the link to submit your comments. This will help us to improve the online calculators.
Registration is strongly recommended for developers.