- Maintain a catalog of regional and global magnetic surveys, models and charts.
- Promote and set standards for magnetic repeat station surveys and reporting:
- define reporting procedures and classification standards
- encourage agencies to submit repeat data in appropriate formats to WDC, Boulder
- maintain a catalog of national repeat station network descriptions
- Promote international interest in surveying, modeling and analysis of
the internal geomagnetic field, both globally and on a regional scale.
During 2000, the Working Group conducted a survey of institutes involved in measuring the
magnetic field. The results of this survey is now